Tuesday, January 1

horrible trip

Long time no see.. I promise Ill do better haha, I am finally arrived in Singapore!
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I mean after all I'm in Asia, but the flight getting here was absolutely horrible!

Because of miscomunication between the airport staff I was denied access to my flight. I had my bags checked all the way through in Iceland but not myself checked all the way through. So upon arrival in London I was supposed to go to the baggage reclaim even if I didn't have a bag... I wasn't sure so I ask 3 people working in the airport, explaining my situation & they all say the same, sending me to the wrong place so at the end I was at the right terminal on time but since I wasn't checked in, only my bag the flight left with my seat empty.

now my possibilties were 5

1. get the ticket refunded which would be 150 pounds... 1/5 of what I actually paid plus my tickets to and from Iceland would be waisted
2. wait to get the next flight which was in 5 days, & I'd have to pay 575 pounds for that flight, which is absurd since Id basically be buying myself a new ticket.
3. get myself to Singapore, but then they told me they would not allow me to get back with the ticket I had bought with them because they're policy clearly states that if you don't use your outbound flight you can't use your inbound either..
4. wait in the airport, hoping over 6 people would cancel which would then make my ticket cheaper (since I had to pay a fee for changing the ticket plus what ever difference was between my ticket when I bought it and the current ticket)
5. Go back to Iceland, but oh.. all reasonable flights were full!

So I was supposed to be stuck in London, alone, over new years eve. So I'm sitting in the airport, because let's face it I had nowhere to go.. Had no clue what I was supposed to do so I check again if there was nothing available... They then tell me that a big family had just cancelled so Id only have to pay 160 pounds for the ticket change...

I take the ticket and run to catch my flight since it was leaving in less than an hour. Going through the security I was a bit nervous because the line was so long and I had little time. The security guards notice and stop me for an additional check, which is taking forever and Im waiting in line for over 30 minutes, meanwhile I'm talking to a guy waiting there with me. He was going to take the same flight as I so we were stressing out together, so anyways, he get's through the check before me. When I finally finish and come running my gate was closed. Then I notice the guy waiting with me in security going "ah finally darling, there you are" turns out he had lied to the Etihad people saying his girlfriend was left behind so they'd wait for me. aww

now I'm on the last flight which is 8 hours.. I sit down and within a minute I notice the worst has happened. Next to me was sitting a guy with seriously the worst smell I've ever felt. On top of all that I was sitting with not 1, not 2, not even 3 but FIVE babies infront of me!! all under the age of 5 and all crying at the same time so at the end you couldnt even make out how many they were becasuse theyre crying got all syncronized.

well at least I had this penguin documentary to watch on the flight and I can fall asleep anywhere, no matter how loud or bad smell there is

The view of singapore out of the balcony

1 comment:

  1. Hei my darling, wow.. what an interesting trip! I am glad that you are save in Singapore and are having fun there. Enjoy beeing tall... (hmmm 163cm high is very small in Iceland but not in Singapore).

    It is great beeing able to follow you here! Technology is good, when I was young and travelling (few days ago) then internet was not around... and if I wanted to let my dear Dad know where I was, I either had to called him via paid phone ore send him Postcart.. but with you my baby, I´ll almost know before you where you are there.

    I love you soo much and I am sooo proud of you. Please continue letting us know how you are doing and where :) I love reading it here, even thow I am not good with the comments.. but maybe I start commenting alot!!

    Love Mamma

    ReplyDelete