Friday, June 22

Iceland

Moved back to Iceland !! 

The last week has been crazy! I decided to move to Iceland within a day before I left Sweden and now ever since I came home I haven't spent more than one hour by myself relaxing, I'm always running around endlessly doing stuff. 

I'm going to be living in Iceland at least for the summer, although I have a feeling it's going to be even longer than that. 

I drove again on the right side of the road for the first time in a long while, which wasn't so hard. However after less than 10 minutes driving, the stick that switches between p, r & d got disconnected WHILE I was trying to park into a parking space. My dad of course came to the rescue and taught me how to change between P, R & M  going through the hood of the car.
I then had to be like a complete idiot;
opening the hood and changing to P
going back into the car and turn it on
go out again and change from P to D 
going back into the car driving a little forward
going back out again and turning into R
back into the car and reversing it a little bit
back out to put it into D to drive away
Praying to god I'd never get into a situation where I have to use R until my dad fixed it! 

Right before I started doing all of that though I thought of all the people walking past the car and what they'd think when they'd see someone like me putting my hand into the hood of the car to fix something. I really don't look like the type that knows anything about my car besides the color of it. 
Anyhow, I got really cocky thinking I'd shock everyone with my car-fixing talents... I go to start the whole process and realize that while my dad was explaining everything to me I forgot to ask him how to open the hood. So the next guy walking past I had to ask if he could open my hood for me. Way to be cool with the whole "I know what I'm doing" thing going on 

Now since apparently jobs are impossible to find I better start looking, 
Wish me luck!! 
-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment