Sunday, October 14

I am so happy, so happy so happy!!! 

I just booked tickets for going away in December! I'm working so much and psychology is way up my ass, so in dec I'm gonna take a month off to just relax, travel and do whatever the hell I want! 

The original plan was to spend both Christmas and New Years away. I love Christmas, but I think it's just as much fun experiencing it in a new place as being in Iceland! Sure it's really good to be with family and stuff, but I also want to experience Christmas in other cultures & plus in most cases visiting family on non-holiday occasions is better. I'd rather try to spend time with my family under normal circumstances than simply forgetting to visit and then try to make up for it all by showing up every day at family holidays...

School finishes in the end of November and then I only have the final exams left... they however, the only three exams that I have to take (although I have a feeling that when the time comes it's gonna change from being only to all these exams!!! ) are going to be stretched over such a long period of time that by the time the final final exam arrives it will be so close to Christmas I could just as well wait a week and then leave for my trip...
  • 2008 - Iceland 
  • 2009 - Italy
  • 2010 - Iceland
  • 2011 - Sweden
  • 2012 - Iceland
which means, next year I'll have to go somewhere just to not break this tradition I've got going on! 

I leave the 29th and fly "straight" to Singapore, it takes so long to finally get there and I bet that after all that travel I'll look like a rotten potato, you'd think that someone like me that travels so much would have found a magic solution to looking pretty after so much waiting in airports, but when it comes down to it, I never give a shit how I look so I just let it slide. This is the reason you never see photos of me in airports! 

I'm going to stay in Singapore for the majority of the time, experiencing new years there which I bet will be real fun! Then I travel on to Kuala Lumpur, no clue when I go from Singapore to Kuala, but it's only a 4 hour bus ride away so I suppose I could go anytime !

My next flight then leaves from Kuala the 20th of Jan and goes on to Abu Dhabi, where I'll spend some days... it wasn't really the plan but due to flight connections and finding the cheapest tickets I'm forced to wait there... At first I was like "oh man I have to wait for so many days in Abu"... then suddenly it hit me "I have to wait so many days in Abu" how could I have looked at this as a bad thing?? I mean, at any other occasion I'd be paying a fortune to get there, why would I then be upset with getting it free within a travel I'd be making either way?? Yaay abu dhabi!! 

So basically in eleven weeks, which is by the way the longest time I've ever planned ahead, and I now remember why I don't... I get so excited and then the departure day never seems to arrive! anyhow... it's going to be ;; 

London - Singapore
Singapore - Kuala lumpur 
Kuala lumpur- Abu Dhabi 
Abu Dhabi - London 


I still haven't found tickets from and to london (to Iceland) since I'm waiting on a 24 hour offer to come, but hopefully I'll have a day or two extra in London so I can go up to whales and visit Hannah, who's up there studying psychology at the university of swansea.. We can be all educational discussing behavior and stuff... yaay ! 

1 comment: