Monday, July 9

Breiðdalsvík

Not only have I taken the job on the other side of Iceland, I'm actually arrived...

I got woken up on Sunday by a phone call asking me if I still wanted to take the job, when I said yes the response was "ok great, there's a flight leaving tomorrow, see you when you arrive" 


Reykjavík is the red spot on the left side of the map & Breiðdalsvík on the right

Last time I went somewhere I went as far away on the planet as I could without starting to return. This time I'm going as far away on the Island as I can hahaha

I'll be here for about 5 weeks, working and living at the hotel. Good way to save money, I think I'd actually have to make effort to find any place to spend it. There are only around 120 people living here, one hot tub and swimming pool (which doesn't work), one tiny gas station & a little shop.
Every time someone walks past my window I get all excited, vuhuu other homo sapiens !! 

So far I like it though, I'll work my butt off and enjoy being alone for a while, that's going to be weird since I haven't been by myself for many years. 

I'm working in 10 hours so I better get some sleep, I haven't woken up to an alarm clock in many months so I'm a little nervous I have just lost the ability to wake up on schedule. Plus I just realized that I forgot my onepiece at home so I'm a little depressed and mad at myself :(((

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment