Tuesday, July 31

two days ago

The most insane thing happened

I was at work about a week ago and there came in a fisherman that was here only for a few days. He asked me if we sold stamps and me, always so funny said "Aw, you're going to send me a letter, that's so sweet of you" He then actually promised that he would send me a letter, I didn't really take him seriously... we'll see if when I get home there will be a postcard waiting for me...

Already after that I was thinking to myself what a fun person that was taking me so seriously and not just giving me a funny look like I was a moron. I was in no way expecting what came next! 

two days ago when he's about to leave he shows up at my work to buy two beers to take away. When he steppes in I see he's holding a guitar and just think to myself, what the hell is he walking around with a guitar for? Before I know it he's standing in front of me at work singing me a song that he wrote to me after the first time we met. It was the most absurdly, ridiculously romantic thing I have ever experienced and there I was standing like an old potato. My body went so numb that I got the same feeling as when you tangle your hands up and after a while don't remember which muscle moves which finger. 

So spontaneous and crazy I can't get over it. Doesn't matter what happened before or would happen after, we really need more people like him in the world. Just doing something so crazy so in the moment, taking a big risk that you'll look like an idiot but doing it anyways makes life worth living.
Probably someone will think it all just sounds like a big cliché but can it really be considered that when nobody does anything like this anymore?

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA, ÉG HEFÐI BORGAÐ GÓÐAN PENING TIL AÐ SJÁ ÞETTA!! var hann gamall??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. auðvitað, þú elskar að sjá mig vandræðalega! en neei, svona 25 myndi ég giska á

      Delete