Tuesday, July 17

week


Today it‘s been a week since I came here. It feels as if I only arrived here a couple of hours ago.

So far I like it here. I would never want to live here for a long time but I like getting to experience the difference of living here or in the city. There is more difference than I thought there would be. They even use different words here, I sometimes catch myself staring at my co-workers thinking what the hell they meant by something they said. Then they’re always referring to something on cows and stuff and then I’m completely lost!

I find it very difficult to understand how you can live your whole life in a small place like this though. Wherever I go I always feel like there is more to life, more that I should see and do before I decide where I want to be for the last 40 years of my life. Then again the people here seem so happy with just not knowing if there is anything else out there that they would like to do. It feels as if I’ve gone back in time about 100 years where everything just revolves around the basics. Having food, clothes and a roof over your head is what it’s all about and any other entertainment becomes a big deal since there is nothing to do here.

One man today told me that he was very happy staying here. He had been seeing what else is out there, in 1980 when he went to Höfn (A little town 150km away from here). Maybe I’m just too stuck in my travelling lifestyle but I can’t for the life of me understand how you can become content with never trying anything new.

You can see the whole town out my window, there are like 3 streets or something haha

Today something actually happened. To start with I got a marriage proposal; a very strange truck driver gave me a ring and asked me if I would marry him. He then of course promised that he would give me a better ring if I would say yes. Only thing I was wondering about is what he was doing walking around with a ring in his pocket.

Then a man that lives here and comes every day, probably around 60 years old also told me that he loved me, very much. What vibe am I giving out that’s making me so lucky? A truck driver and a weird 60 year old man both in one day! Then I also had an interview with a guy I met here who is going all over Iceland, and from what I understood the whole world taking interviews with people. He was very different, so it was fun talking to him about everything and nothing… until 3 in the night. Great waking up again the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment