Monday, August 20

The Moonbar



Last Saturday was the opening of the new club I'm going to be working at. It's called Mánabar and is right in the center of Reykjavík..

I came pretty early in the day because we needed to prepare all the booze. I started driving 1 hour before since that's the time it takes me driving from Keflavík and was right on time until I hit the center-area, then it took me another hour just getting 5 kilometers!!! 
I was going crazy and as I was talking to my friend on the phone complaining that there were too many people I realized that it was the birthday of Reykjavík that day so EVERYONE was downtown.... There might be more people in other bigger cities, but Reykjavík really isn't made for such traffic and everything was a big mess hahaha


I ended up driving in the wrong direction in a one way street which was also closed! good I didn't get caught, don't even wanna know the fine for that! but hey I got a great parking space right next to work. I stopped on a red light and these people crossed the street... hahaha


sun going down :( I don't like this, it's starting to be dark in the night again... so sad. I've even forgotten where the light switches are in the house because I haven't needed them for so long


the bar <3 


the upstairs area


& the bar upstairs


where the magic happens for some people


they've made graffiti in the ceiling of the solar system; insanely well done!



The downstairs bar & dancefloor


Before the tap came I looked at the sink and asked the workers how you flush.... good morning miss I-have-never-seen-the-men's-room. "hahaha darling, that's a sink"


cozy!


MÁNABAR!! 


people people people



First night and the place was stuffed 


g&t


barabbararababba.... Tequilla!


oh! how am I standing, never mind just turning your whole body... just twist the upper half



This place was without a doubt one of the most fun places I have ever worked at! The atmosphere was just so great and my coworkers even better, one of those places where you know the people around you and can relax. Not where you just feel like "bartender number 13941 on shift now"

I missed all the randomness of working in a bar, it never gets tired. One older guy was f.ex. always standing at the bar waiting and every single time when I came to him he asked me 3 times to mop the floor before he told me what he actually wanted 

I can't wait to go to work next weekend and I trust I'll see all of you there, trust me you won't regret it 
woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment