Thursday, November 8

Stooooorm


I just had to share this link with you. It's funny as hell, I laughed so much I had to pause it a couple of times so I wouldn't pee myself. I'm not exaggerating! 

The story behind this is that there has been horrible weather in Iceland, especially last weekend when the storm Sandy had just hit NY. The wind in NY went up to 128km/h while ours was 126km/h but occasionally going higher. Of course the altitude in NY is way lower than in Iceland so they had flooding and houses crumbling like packs of oreo's.

In Iceland however, we have too much pride to let weather stop us with this whole "we're vikings we can stand any type of weather" when actually they should have just had a national day off and not risking everyone getting hurt by going out into the storm.. the police emergency line got calls about tasks, roofs flying off houses, every minute for some hours which is insane considering Iceland only has 300.000 people. 

The schools didn't cancel classes until in the after noon, my friends school didn't give up until windows were being broken by flying objects and over 3 teachers had to go to the hospital after getting hurt from literally flying and crashing badly. You can only imagine having seen the video! haha 

& while all this is going on where is Katrín?? I'm driving this road... Sæbraut because my school refused to postpone a test that values 20% of my final grade. They didn't see enough of a reason to postpone the test.. Excuse me, a 10 meter long RV disappeared and was found far away smashed into pieces and you don't see reason enough to not risk 350 students wandering around since most of them don't have cars?
So anyway I had to drive for one hour to get to Reykjavík where I took the stupid test, which I by the way could in no way focus on since a bicycle literally flew past the window during the exam! But since I was already there I could just as well go to work too.  

Domino's made their home delivery time longer, there was the "right side" rule in many crossroads because the power was off the stop lights, and some places put a sign in the window to walk in another door because this one couldn't handle the wind. Just getting from my car and 150 meters into the school I needed help because I was taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back, thank god some guy came to the rescue... On my way out I just kept sitting down and holding on to flagpoles to catch my breath because it was such a struggle, you can't imagine. 


then this happened.. fml

Oh and then a pizza flew into my window, never thought I'd use the window cleaners to get pizza off my car window! 

No comments:

Post a Comment