Tuesday, September 25

change blindness

I just want to say sorry in advance for all the psychological stuff I'll be posting, but some of it I find so fascinating you have no say in the matter! hahahah!

I love getting deep into how people work, why they do what they do and so on. I can spend hours googl'ing some theory or experiment made, watch it on youtube, which then leads me to other videos and so on. I've spent so much time doing it and much of it is actually paying off now that the teachers are talking about this and that experiment and I have already read and watched everything there is to find on google.

see, wasting time on the internet does pay off!

Ok so this first thing is called Change blindness and is about the fact that people fail to notice even large-scale changes to their environment simply because they have their focus on something and everything else just gets blocked out.


This second one is the same but with different people conducting the experiment... 


and the final one, a bit different


I think everyone would fail to realize the men had changed, except the women that were ovulating and looking for a mate. They just thought one of them was cute and therefore noticed when someone less cute came haha :D 

The next thing is called inattention blindness 



hahaha first time I saw this I really fell for it, that was years ago though when I had been google-teaching myself. Still really fun to see the other 300 students in class today failing to notice it. 


This is the same thing, but I was a bit afraid the bear was more obvious in this one, might just be me noticing it more because I've seen it so many times. 



Oh, I love psychology. Now, back to reading & finding more fun stuff to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment