Wednesday, September 26

the over-agreeing guy

I was just talking to a friend and the conversation lead to this one thing guys do to kind of "impress you" or what ever they're trying to do. 
It's when they change their opinions to fit mine, like I'm some kind of porcelain doll that brakes if they say the word no to me... 

now an example of this; 
I was with some guy as we were waiting for a mutual friend... I had just gone through a break up with a professional football player and of course everything and everyone around me was in some way reminding me that his favorite team was playing a game. I really didn't feel like thinking, seeing or having anything to do with football for quite a while... I don't even understand the sport for crying out loud. 

Anyways, the guy starts chit-chatting about useless stuff and before I know it he says "Hey, I know, let's put the game on, there's this great game on, liverpool - *whocares* balblalllblba" 
I, without thinking accidentally make some kind of "egh" sound and say "oh naah I really don't feel like watching a bunch of guys running after a ball right now."
he immediately responds "oh yeah I know right, football is so stupid, I mean what are they doing, just like, you know, like chasing a ball, like running after a ball... oh so stupid" 
He then starts saying that he wants to go out for a pizza as soon as our friend would be ready and I say "oh I can't imagine having pizza right now, but you guys can go right ahead I'll just have something else" 
his response? "Oh yeah I know I hate pizza too" 
what? didn't you JUST suggest having pizza? what are you, talking just for the sake of talking?!
he then strikes up into the conversations how he had a rat problem in his house and to solve it he turned them into his pets, talking about it like it was a brilliant idea. Now, I was being a bit pessimistic and could easily have just let it slip but the guy was having rat's as pets goddamn it! So I say something like "I hate rats jeez what are you thinking?" and AGAIN his response is "yeah I know they're so disgusting, I'm getting rid of them as soon as I get the chance" 

After that I started testing him by objecting to everything that he said, and he always took his original opinion back. Once I even objected and as soon as he agreed with me I said something like "oh no wait, I have it the other way around" and changed my opinion to his original one and guess what the guy did, he ALSO changed it back! really? why why whyyy would you do that?! the whole purpose of the conversation was lost and I could just as well have been talking to a monkey or the wall

me & my ex didn't agree on everything, and probably disagreed a bit too much but it was still a thousand times better than this hahaha! 

stop agreeing so much thinking it will please us! hahahha!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment