Friday, May 4

day off


Last Friday we both had a day off work so we thought it would be a perfect chance to go do something, so we decide on taking a road trip. Now, since I am the master of planing trips online I sat down by my computer and didn’t stand up again until five hours later when the whole day was planned! Meanwhile Adam went and got us some food to take with us the next morning.
Our first destination was Currency Creek which is actually less than 15 km from our house, not bad!

old bridge that leads to nothing

Adam the monkey
Walking next to Adam on a trail goes something like this;
Your walking together in perfect harmony until you so much as look away from him for 2 sec, he’s GONE! then some seconds later you’ll hear; JUHUUU IM HERE! and yes, then he has found something to climb up and has reached the top ready to be photographed like a monkey in the zoo.
It was really nice walking through those huge grasses except for two things; 1. It had rained the day before so they were wet and 2. Adam’s shoulders are the same height as my head so when he walked in front of me at all splashed back into my face
Just a little off the pathway we found a little cove, outside there was a pair of shoes hung up, soobviously; I was sure there was a body in there because I mean what person walks that pathway back without their shoes?! Anyways, later I found out that’s a sign that some crazy people got lucky in there.
Adam slowly going more and more into it, quite the daredevil I have here!
I am Adams light at the end of the tunnel
To begin with we just used the flash of the camera to see a little into the cove, dying from curiosity we then slowly moved further and further until we reached the end and found ourselves at the bottom of a hole
Just your basic cheesy couple-in-a-cove pic
Terribly awkward that moment when you sweat on your knees from stress
Finally at the end of the cove/cave, whatever
A then went up the hole and took a picture looking down on me, pretty far down… good thing I’m not claustrophobic, looks like I’m in a grave there
Ah! the most annoying thing of all! Coming to the end of the pathway where you have to chose left or right… I always chose the wrong one and end up having to turn around and walk back

:)
Finally reached the end of the trail, nice reflection in the water
Adam again, of course, had to climb up as high as he could go
Hallett Cove
the cozy sugarloaf there behind me
The beach, can’t be that comfortable though
 only bad thing about taking pictures in Australia is that they all come out upside down :/ 
originally we were gonna walk that little pink circle… all of a sudden we started feeling like we had gone to far and found this map… we had reached the other end of the conservatory park! I like to think its because we’re in too good of a shape, haha!
insane how much they can carry! I feel so sorry for them when I see them struggling for 5 minutes and walking only 10 cm forward… some days ago at the penguin center I took the bug the ant was carrying from it, thinking I could carry it for it to its hole… that didn’t work and the ant ended up running away, felt pretty bad afterwards …

love is in the air
Self timer is the best invention ever… right after the airplane

Adam’s glowing of happiness

hahah úúú watch out we gotta badass over here

what are they trying to say? no fat people allowed?
Perfect example of when you can’t blame mess on men… juck!
having a lunch “picnic”
Myponga river
:)

so australia-ish
the sunset we had on our way home… mmmmm <3
happy happy happy happy happy
The trip was really amazing and just leaves you wanting to see more and more of Australia, next time we have a day off I already have a place in mind to go to hike! Then as soon as there will be 4 days off I really wanna go to the limestone coast and kangaroo island.. So much I want to do that I’m getting a bit worried I only have 80 years left, hopefully by then they will have found a way to live longer, I need way more time!
-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment